What is Methamphetamine?
- 1 What is Methamphetamine?
- 2 Route of Administration
- 3 Effects of Methamphetamine
- 4 Duration of Methamphetamine effect
- 5 Duration of Methamphetamine Stays in System
- 6 Factors affecting Methamphetamine Stay in System
- 7 Frequency of Methamphetamine administration
- 8 Administrating dose of Methamphetamine
- 9 Selected test for detecting Methamphetamine
- 10 Withdrawal effect of Methamphetamine
Methamphetamine is a synthetic drug with having strong central nervous system stimulating power. The stimulation of central nervous system stimulation causes a quick, high ranged euphoria. The ecstatic mood last for very few hours and after that the peak level of the drug become low and the effects are gradually diminished, which trigger to the abuser to seek for more drugs.
Methamphetamine is an illegal product, enlisted as a Schedule II substance in The USA. This addictive drug user buys Methamphetamine as an unauthorized way to experience the overwhelming effect and get mental recreation. 
Route of Administration
Methamphetamine is administered through inhalation or through injection. Both the route deliver Methamphetamine quickly to its site of action, i.e. brain. In inhalation method, small glass pipe is used for inhaling the drug whereas through syringe drug can inject directly into a vein. The ultimate euphoric effect is obtained after a sufficient amount of Methamphetamine reached to brain. 
Effects of Methamphetamine
The following symptoms are observed after Methamphetamine administration:
- The intensely pleasurable sensation develops in a euphoric state.
- High energy level
- Excessive perspiration
- Unnecessary talking
- Hunger suppression
- Dry mouth
- Teeth grinding
- Mood swing
- Thought disorder
- Nausea & vomiting
- Diarrhea 
Duration of Methamphetamine effect
The peak level of Methamphetamine’s effect can last for eight to twenty-four hours maximum, as half of the administered dose of the Methamphetamine eliminates from the body in twelve hours. 
Duration of Methamphetamine Stays in System
In different body compartment, the duration of staying of Methamphetamine varies.
Methamphetamine stays 4 to 6 hours in blood plasma.
After one hour of taking Methamphetamine, it can reach in urine and stay for 72 hours.
Usually after 48 hours, the metabolites of Methamphetamine can detect in the system and stay up to 4 days. 
Factors affecting Methamphetamine Stay in System
The following factors affect duration of Methamphetamine Stay in System
Frequency of Methamphetamine administration
Increase frequency causes accumulation of Methamphetamine due to before elimination next dose load up into the system, even in low dose. This causes metabolic action become slow down and elimination of Methamphetamine takes longer time than the usual. 
Administrating dose of Methamphetamine
The dose is important to determine the Methamphetamine stay duration in the system. Higher dose takes more time to eliminate the drug in comparison to lower dose, as the liver has its own capability to metabolize a certain amount of drug at a time. 
Chronic Methamphetamine abusers often develop tolerance and that affect whole physiological reactions. After a certain period of time, the body requires more time to eliminate the same dose than as before. Therefore, Methamphetamine stays in the system for a longer period. 
Status of liver and kidney functionality
The health status, specifically liver and kidney functionality is important for drug metabolism and elimination. Hepatic disorder or renal system malfunctioning can cause a longer stay of Methamphetamine in the system. 
Age of the Methamphetamine abuser is important, as usually the elderly person has down health status. According to British Pharmacological Society, a young person takes less time to eliminate the drug from the system. 
Selected test for detecting Methamphetamine
- Urine test can detect Methamphetamine within two to five hours after administering the drug and that can last for three to five days
- The Methamphetamine detection in the blood is certainly depended on upon the route of administration. The presence of Methamphetamine in the blood can be detectable after 2 hours and that may last for 24 to 72 hours.
- In saliva test, the swab is collected from the mouth and Methamphetamine can detectable within 10 minutes after ingestion of drug and last for 24 to 96 hours.
- Hair follicle test can detect Methamphetamine for 3 months or 90 days; but it can extend depending upon the type of test perform.
Withdrawal effect of Methamphetamine
If chronic users suddenly stop taking Methamphetamine, then certain unpleasant effects arise. These effects are termed as withdrawal symptoms of Methamphetamine. The complete elimination of Methamphetamine from body takes almost two to ten days. The following are considered as withdrawal symptoms of Methamphetamine.
- Excessive hunger
- Depression or anxiety
- Feeling low
- Mood swing
- Weak muscle
- Concentration problem
- Suicidal tendency 
Methamphetamine before and after
- How Long Does Meth Stay in Your System?; American Addiction Center; Online available; Retrieve from: http://americanaddictioncenters.org/meth-treatment/how-long-in-system/
- about Methamphetamine; ADAMHSCC Board; Online available; Retrieve from: http://adamhscc.org/en-us/facts-meth.aspx
- Kathleen Esposito; How Long Does Meth Take to Get Out of Your System; Online available; Retrieve from: http://addiction.lovetoknow.com/wiki/How_Long_Does_Meth_Take_to_Get_Out_of_Your_System
- Nina Fenton; How Long Does Meth Stay in Your System?; Online available; Retrieve from: https://www.health-street.net/blog-drug-testing/how-long-does-meth-stay-in-your-system/