What is Ecstasy?
- 1 What is Ecstasy?
- 2 Factors Affecting Duration of Ecstasy Stay In Your System
- 3 Physiological effect
- 4 Mechanism of Action
- 5 Detection Test of Ecstasy Stays in Body System Require For
- 6 Types of Detection Test of Ecstasy Stay in Body System
- 7 How Long Does Ecstasy Show Up in Body system (Urine, Blood, Saliva, Hair) ?
3,4-methylenedioxy-methamphetamine or MDMA is popularly known as Ecstacy in the USA. Ecstasy is a synthetic chemical substance use for mood enhancer and recreational activity. People use to take this medicine by a combination of euphoric effects. Ecstacy, effects, it is commonly used by adolescents and young adults that frequent “raves” (dance parties) and concerts to enhance the experience.
Factors Affecting Duration of Ecstasy Stay In Your System
The following factors are responsible for drug stay in your system:
- Individual’s metabolism
- Body mass
- Hydration level
- Physical activity
- Health conditions
- Other factors
The physiological effect after ingestion of Ecstasy is quite similar to amphetamine. The enlisted physiological effects are:
- Boost mood
- Pleasurable feelings
- Promote euphoria
- Distort time
- Alter perception
- Amplify empathy
Mechanism of Action
Ecstasy influences releases of neurotransmitters like serotonin, dopamine, and norepinephrine. Primarily, Ecstasy triggers the action of Trace Amine-Associated Receptor 1 and also inhibits vesicular monoamine transporter 2.
The addictive effect of Ecstasy is less common, but has the ability to affects brain functioning and even cause brain cell death, including obliterate neurons responsible for the synthesis of serotonin.
Ecstasy is a very good example of hallucination-producing substance. But discontinue to take Ecstasy often leads to washing out the drug completely and all the effects are diminished.
Detection Test of Ecstasy Stays in Body System Require For
The Ecstacy detecting tests are conducted for the following reason:
- Criminal charge detection
- In drug rehabilitation center, drug detection test is common for all exogenous substances.
- Certain employment services require to detection test of Ecstasy and/or other drugs.
- In Military service, the detection test of Ecstasy and/or other drugs is common.
Types of Detection Test of Ecstasy Stay in Body System
There are some laboratory tests are conducted for detecting the Ecstasy :
The urine tests are a most common method to determine the Ecstasy in the body system. The detection test conducted with a collection of fresh urine for a period of 2 to 4 days of post-ingestion.
Usually unchanged Ecstacy eliminate through urine within 3 days or 72 hours of ingestion. But, urine pH is an important criterion for staying of Ecstasy in urine; because alkaline urine can hold Ecstasy more than 72 hours. The metabolites of Ecstasy, like HMMA could provide “positive” test in a urine sample for 4-5 days.
The hair test is less commonly perform to detect the Ecstacy stay in the body system. The hair sample usually collected from the head, but may also collect from another area.
The required hair length for detection of Ecstasy stay in the body system is 3 – 6 cm. The hair test is not provided a correct answer just after ingestion of Ecstasy; but Ecstasy can stay for prolonged period in compared to other samples like urine.
The Hair test is can detect an individual can expose to ecstasy within an approximate period of 90 day period or 3 months. The advantages of hair test are non-invasive, and assist in identifying ecstasy exposure over a prolonged period.
Saliva test also conducts for detection of Ecstasy stay in the system; the test sample collected from the mouth by utilizing tongue.
Approximately 2 microliters saliva sample require for the test. This test gives a faster indication of the presence of Ecstasy that means the test can provide positive result after ingestion of 1.5 hours after ingesting of Ecstasy.
After ingestion of Ecstasy, the saliva test can detect easily in between 1.5 and 4 hours; but hard to detect between 6 and 10 hours after ingestion of Ecstasy.
Blood tests can also detect Ecstasy present in the system. A blood test between 12 and 24 hours post-ingestion of Ecstasy is detectable through a blood test.
Both Ecstasy and its metabolites are present in blood Within 24 hours of Ecstasy ingestion. In blood, Ecstasy can stay for one full day. This is an invasive process, but provides a most confirmatory result.
How Long Does Ecstasy Show Up in Body system (Urine, Blood, Saliva, Hair) ?
|Urine Test||2 to 5 days|
|Blood Test||24 hours|
|Saliva Test||1-5 days|
- How Long Does Ecstasy (MDMA) Stay In Your System? Mental Health Daily; http://mentalhealthdaily.com/2015/10/12/how-long-does-ecstasy-mdma-stay-in-your-system/
- Buddy T; How Long Does Ecstasy Stay in Your System?; Detection Timetable Depends on Many Variables; https://www.verywell.com/how-long-does-ecstasy-stay-in-your-system-80255
- Drug Use Time Table; http://www.passyourdrugtest.com/timetable.htm
- FRANK Advice; FOR HOW LONG WILL A DRUG REMAIN DETECTABLE IN MY SYSTEM?; http://www.talktofrank.com/faq/how-long-will-drug-remain-detectable-my-system