What is Testosterone?
Testosterone is a hormone/chemical messenger that controls male sexual characteristics development. The testosterone is produced by the Leydig cells of the testes. It is the main sex hormone in males. Importance of testosterone is evidenced in:
- Penis and testis growth
- Voice deepening
- Facial, body and pubic hair growth
- Bone and muscle strengthening
- Increase in height.
The hormone is responsible for spermatogenesis, which is the important in child bearing.
How Testosterone Works?
The pituitary gland found at the base of the brain is the regulator of testosterone production. When testosterone is released into the blood it is activated to conduct its function. The hormone is also found in females but in minimized quantities.
Testosterone and Age
The testosterone hormone constantly changes hourly. Level of the hormone is subject to change with lowest in the evening and highest in the morning. Males between 20 to 30 years have high testosterone levels which slowly drop when they reach between 30 to 40 years. With males having high life expectancy nowadays, many males complain of low testosterone levels.
Signs and Symptoms of Low Testosterone
Here are the symptoms and signs a person with low testosterone may show:
- Poor erection
- Decreased sexual drive
- Sperm count reduction
- Tender or enlarged breasts
- Mood swings
- Reduction in muscle strength
- Increase in fat around the abdominal area
- Lowered cognitive and intellectual function
Causes of Low Testosterone
- Serious illnesses
- Poor nutrition
- Hard and intense exercises
What is testosterone booster/T-boosters? These are supplements that are used by most bodybuilders or sportsmen to increase their muscle building as well as workout performance. Most of the T-Boosters are extracted from natural herbs.
There are two types of testosterones:
- Natural- considered safe
- Synthetic- associated with side effects.
These supplements raise the testosterone levels and have been researched if they could have side effects but none was found. The best thing about it is that even after you discontinue the dose the testosterone level will not be drained as with other products. People vary in their workout output and once you reach the peak that’s it, but boosters are formulated to increase your output limit.
Synthetic – Benefits of T-boosters
The proven benefits in users of these supplements include:
- Increase in muscle strength
- Elevated Mood
- Increase in the testosterone levels
- Protein synthesis of the body is enhanced
- General reproductive health as well as sexual function improvement
- Increases libido
- Erectile function improvement
- Decrease in the levels of bad cholesterol
Ingredients Present in T-boosters
In order for you to understand the effectiveness of this product, knowing its constituents is quite imperative. Ingredients that the supplements are made up of include:
- Zinc: Intense workout is a major obstacle to testosterone levels but when boosters are used zinc prevents this occurrence.
- Magnesium: This is the second metal found in boosters. The function of Mg is to decrease the Sex Hormone Binding Globulin (SHBG) to allow testosterone increase in the body.
- Boron: Just like Mg, it reduces SHBG decrease and raises free testosterone. It not only enhances the mental cognition it also improves the working of other hormones.
- Vitamin D3: This is two in one kind of ingredient. It is a combination of both hormones and vitamins. Can be sourced from the sun and it boosts production of testosterone.
- DAA-D: The aspartic acid here boosts performance, remedies infertility and enhances the release of the luteinizing hormone which in turn produces more testosterone.
Ingredients to Avoid
Testosterone supplements have been in the market for a while due to the high demand by men. Some ingredients over time have been rendered non-beneficial hence should be avoided. Others have been proven to be associated with negative results in the long run. Examples include:
- Dehydroeplandosterone (DHEA)
- Deer Antler Velvet
Lifestyle Changes to Improve the Working of Boosters
In order for testosterone booster to work effectively, you will be needed to observe some few lifestyle changes. They include:
- Indulge in compound exercises such as squats, deadlift and bench press. Training multiple muscles boost hormone release.
- Go slow on the protein. In as much as protein is the body building food that you require when taking your boosters, you should not overdo it. Observe an amount of protein of 0.85g/lbor below.
- Make the sun your best friend. Vitamin D is the most effective hormone for testosterone release.
- Avoid alcohol. Beer leads to decrease of testosterone level due to increase in the estrogen level.
- Sugary foods are a no no. Foods high in sugar content raise glucose in blood which causes insulin release. If the situation is not regulated, the body becomes tolerant and is unable to absorb the excess sugar. This, impacts negatively on testosterone levels.
Although boosters are safer than anabolic steroids, when using these supplements you should take the following safety measures into consideration:
- Relax after taking your dose
- Engage in practise/workouts
- Take heed of your doctor’s instructions
Best Testosterone booster in Market
For 2017, the top best boosters include:
- Testo Fuel
- Prime Male
- EVL Test
- Test Booster 1.0
- ALPHA JYM
- True Grit
- Anabolic Freak
Testo Fuel ranked top of the list following constant research that is done to improve on the ingredients used. Testo Fuel has been manufactured for reasons such as:
- Increase the energy levels
- Improve libido
- To enhance fast recovery
- Build up muscle mass as well as strength
- Speed up workout result
When deciding on the product to purchase, find out more on whether it is legal or illegal to be on the safe side.
- Testosterone: Function, Dysfunction and Supplements. Available at http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/276013.php
- What Does Testosterone Do?. Available at http://www.hormone.org/hormones-and-health/what-do-hormones-do/what-does-testosterone-do
- Best Testosterone Booster Supplements: 2017 Reviews. Available at http://spotmebro.com/awards/best-testosterone-boosters/